Tipping permit for charities

In Greater Manchester, charitable organisations or shops in the following council areas: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford can apply for a tipping permit. The permit allows charities to access one of GMCA’s waste and recycling facilities to recycle or dispose of household donations which are unsuitable for resale or reuse.

To apply for a permit you will need:

Please read the Terms and Conditions before you apply.

If you have more than one charity shop or premises, you will need apply for a permit for EACH shop or premise by completing a separate application for each one.

Once you have submitted one application, you can apply for additional permits via your account. Please log into your account using your email and password, go to the 'My application(s)' menu and select the 'Add a new application' button.

Application form

Your details

Your declaration



Vehicle registration(s)

Items you will be tipping:

General non-recyclable waste (this is shredded at sites then transported by train to an Energy Recovery Facility in Runcorn where it is burnt to make electricity for renewable energy)
Domestic seating waste containing POPs
Paper and card
Small electricals

Waste carriers licence number